The ABI International Committee is actively soliciting nominations for the First Annual ABI International Committee Matter of the Year Award. The details are set forth below.
Nomination Deadline: September 15, 2022.
Each submission should address how the matter (the “Matter”) satisfies the following criteria:
- Involves the United States and one or more other jurisdictions;
- Results from completion of a unique, strategic or challenging international transaction or litigation;
- Displays excellence from beginning to end including a high level of professional expertise, creativity and/or skill necessary for the successful completion of the Matter; and
- Is of international legal significance and impact in relation to the distressed/insolvency industry including how the Matter that will facilitate or hinder international cooperation on a go forward basis;
Out-of-court Matters will be considered and the dollar amount of the Matter is not relevant. Examples of Matters that would qualify for the award are a precedent setting decision under Chapter 15 or a foreign equivalent or a strategic transaction that required coordination between courts in different countries.
- If a litigation Matter, the litigation must have settled or resulted in a judgment between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022.
- If a transactional Matter, the transaction must have closed between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022.
- The person submitting the nomination must be a member of both the American Bankruptcy Institute (the “ABI”) and the ABI International Committee (the “IC”). Self-nominations are permitted and encouraged.
- The winners of the award shall be the firms/companies/professionals that substantially contributed to the Matter as reflected in the nomination (the “Team”).
- The IC will announce the winning Team at the New York City Cross-Border Conference to be held November 14, 2022 in New York, and at the committee program at the ABI Winter Leadership Conference in December, 2022.
- The winning Team will be recognized in the IC newsletter. The winners may also be recognized in (a) one or more of ABI’s weekly or monthly email publications, and (b) the ABI Journal (in the Inside ABI section). The IC may also choose to promote and recognize other Teams in addition to the winning Team.
- To complete the nomination form, click here
- Completed nomination forms should be emailed no later than September 15, 2022 to (i) Evelyn Meltzer, co-chair of the IC, at [email protected] and (ii) Kyle James Ortiz, co-chair of the IC at [email protected].