Results for United States
- M&A Update: Advance Notice Bylaws in Light of Corvex/Williams – Displacing the Placeholder Nomination
Advance notice bylaws are a near universal feature of the organizational documents of public companies. In their simplest form, they set a deadline, usually between 60 and 120 days before an upcoming stockholder meeting, by which a stockholder must give ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/29/2016 - 13:46 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- International sales contracts: Square peg, round hole?
The purpose of a sales contract is to define the parties’ obligations and to optimise outcome if a dispute arises. As such, a contract is a tool to manage risk and prevent loss. Attachment Size sr_-_usa_-_international_sal ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/29/2016 - 13:36 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- Alert: Russia Sanctions Developments Highlight Need for Active Compliance Efforts
The U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") has significantly expanded the number of entities and individuals subject to Russia sanctions and separately censured U.S. insurance and financial institution entitie ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/29/2016 - 13:34 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- THRIVE | Issue 4 | News and Information from Conway MacKenzie
In an increasingly digital world, online information can be used in due diligence to analyze CPG brands and subsequent consumer loyalty. Brand equity drives value at purchase and with the significant increase in information sharing, it’s critical to leve ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/28/2016 - 13:47 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Nortel Takes Another Step Toward Wrapping Up Bankruptcy Case
Judges in Canada and the U.S. on Thursday approved materials explaining Nortel Networks Corp.’s creditor-repayment plan, inaugurating the beginning of the end of one of the priciest bankruptcies on record, The Wall Street Journal reported. Thursday’s ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 12/01/2016 - 22:25 - 0 comments
- U.S. Watchdog Says Abengoa Unit's Reorganization Violates Law
A Chapter 11 bankruptcy exit plan by Abengoa SA's main U.S. subsidiary, Abeinsa Holding Inc, violates the law by shielding the Spanish renewable energy parent from lawsuits, according to the U.S. government's bankruptcy watchdog, Reuters report ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 12/01/2016 - 22:26 - 0 comments
- Abengoa Asks U.S. Court To Prevent Lawsuits By Rebel Creditors
Spanish renewable energy and engineering firm Abengoa SA has asked a U.S. bankruptcy court to enjoin legal action and future claims by creditors who are unsatisfied with a high-stakes plan to restructure $10 billion of debt, Reuters reported. Abengoa, a ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 11/21/2016 - 20:59 - 0 comments
- Alert: IRS Issues Proposed Regulations on "Device" and "Active Trade or Business" Rules Under Section 355
IRS Issues Proposed Regulations on “Device” and “Active Trade or Business” Rules Under Section 355 Background and Executive Summary On July 14, 2016, the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Treasury Department issued proposed regulations that ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 08/10/2016 - 10:01 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- [SPAM] Restructuring Global Insight: What happened to the price of oil? | the legend of Leicester Football Club | VAT claim haircuts in Italy | & more (Attorney Advertising)
Welcome to issue 17 of Restructuring Global Insight, bringing you reports on breaking legal developments in restructuring law across borders and in jurisdictions around the world. Read more. (United States) bankruptcy,insolvency,headlines ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 08/10/2016 - 09:58 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- IMPORTANT: Creation of the "RAIF" or "Reserved Alternative Investment Fund"
The Bill n°6929 on reserved alternative investment funds was adopted yesterday by the Luxembourg Parliament and shall come into force three (3) days after its publication in the official Gazette (the "RAIF Law"). The RAIF Law creates an unr ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 08/10/2016 - 09:56 - 0 comments - 0 attachments