Results for United States
- Focus on Financial Reporting - 2014 Annual Update
We are pleased to provide you with the 2014 edition of KPMG’s Focus on Financial Reporting. This year witnessed one of the most significant changes to financial reporting in a generation with the FASB and the IASB releasing a converged standard on reco ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/15/2014 - 09:46 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- "Slipping Away? – Enforceability of Obligations Against Non-Signatories in Private Mergers"
A recent Delaware decision in Cigna provides important guidance on simple yet important steps that buyers of private companies using a merger structure can take to more effectively impose certain post-closing obligations on stockholders who do not sign a ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/15/2014 - 09:38 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- “Reducing a customer’s Accounts Receivable in the zone of Insolvency”
by David CONAWAY Reuters, Bloomberg and Debtwire are all reporting negative financial information about your customer: Bond ratings are downgraded, bond prices are falling, a likely “restructuring” to address the bond debt is on the way, bondholder ...
Resource Article - global.abi.org - 12/15/2014 - 09:36 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- Before the Clouds Roll In – Advantages of Board Actions on a “Clear Day”
In its landmark 1971 Chris-Craft decision, the Delaware Supreme Court observed that “inequitable action does not become permissible simply because it is legally possible.” This quote aptly captures the two-stage inquiry that Delaware courts will appl ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/12/2014 - 09:30 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Plan of Adjustment Confirmed, A Bright Future Ahead for the City of Detroit
We are proud of the leading role we played in Detroit’s restructuring and revitalization while working as part of a talented team of city and state leaders, the business and philanthropic communities, citizen advocates, and other professionals. Most of a ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/12/2014 - 11:48 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- The Octaviar Saga: The Chapter 15 Door Opens, Closes, and then Reopens on the Foreign Representatives
by Howard Seife and Francisco Vazquez In considering an appeal of an order granting recognition to the Australian liquidation of Octaviar Administration Pty Ltd. (“Octaviar”), the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in In re Bar ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/12/2014 - 09:20 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- International Restructuring NewsWire
1. The Momentive Decisions: Cram-Down Interest Rates and Make-Whole Mania 5. Update on the Recognition of the AustralianLiquidation of Octaviar: Satisfying the Debtor Eligibility Requirements in a Chapter 15 Case 6. Speeches, Events and Publicati ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/12/2014 - 09:15 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- Controlling Stockholders in Delaware – More Than a Number
Two recent Chancery Court decisions, Crimson Exploration and KKR Financial, confirm that Delaware takes a flexible and fact-specific approach to determining whether a stockholder is deemed to be “controlling” for purposes of judicial review of a transact ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/11/2014 - 17:17 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Technology: Value Creator—or Value Destroyer?
In the last decade we have seen game-changing technology that delivers radically new customer value propositions by fulfilling a job in a dramatically better way, solving a problem that's never been solved before, or serving an entirely unaddressed ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/11/2014 - 16:54 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- EU and United States Further Broaden the Scope of Sanctions and Restrictive Measures Targeting Russia
EU and U.S. government officials recently imposed additional sanctions targeting Russia. Current sanctions do not prohibit all trade or other transactions with Russia, but rather comprise an increasingly broad and complex set of restrictions. In light of ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 12/11/2014 - 16:45 - 0 comments - 0 attachments