Results for Ottawa
- When can Environmental Regulatory Orders be Compromised Claims under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act? Supreme Court of Canada Provides Clarification
In its recent decision, the Supreme Court of Canada held that claims in respect of provincial environmental clean-up orders can be compromised under the federal CCAA. While the Court disagreed on whether the particular facts warranted compromising the pr ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 02/26/2013 - 15:52 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Legal Update on Insolvency Law - June 2012
BUDDLE FINDLAY June 2012 Legal update on Insolvency Law. IN THIS ISSUE · Sub ...
Resource Article - abi_editor - 08/08/2012 - 10:21 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- CFIUS Review of Foreign Investment in U.S. Industries
The role of foreign investment in private companies involved in U.S. national security first came to Congress’s attention in the 1970s when investments by foreign purchasers, especially from the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), b ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 09/28/2011 - 12:16 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Andrus v. Digital Fairway Corp., No. 3:08-CV-119-0, 2009 WL 1849981 (N.D. Tex. June 26, 2009)
Fri, 06/26/2009 (All day) Potential Canadian proceeding. ...
Chapter 15 Case Law - abi_admin - 06/30/2011 - 16:23 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- In re Innua Canada Ltd., No. 09-16362, 2009 WL 1025090 (Bankr. D.N.J. Apr. 15, 2009)
Wed, 04/15/2009 (All day) Canadian receivership. ...
Chapter 15 Case Law - abi_admin - 07/01/2011 - 15:02 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- RHTC Liquidating Co. v. Union Pac. R.R. Co. (In re RHTC Liquidating Co.), 424 B.R. 714 (Bankr. W.D. Pa. 2010)
Fri, 03/05/2010 (All day) Canadian bankruptcy proceeding. ...
Chapter 15 Case Law - abi_admin - 07/01/2011 - 14:38 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- In re Grant Forest Prod, Inc., 440 B.R. 616 (Bankr. D. Del. 2010)
Tue, 11/23/2010 (All day) Canadian bankruptcy proceeding. ...
Chapter 15 Case Law - abi_admin - 07/01/2011 - 14:31 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- IP Qualifications Profiles January 2011 - Canada
Practitioners undertake various statutory, court, or private appointments pursuant to Federal or Provincial legislation. Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) • Trustee in Bankruptcy – to administer the realization of the debtor’s assets for the ...
Resource Article - abi_editor - 05/05/2011 - 13:28 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- GST/HST deemed trust loses priority in CCAA reorganization
In Century Services Inc. v. Canada (Attorney General)1, released just before Christmas 2010, the Supreme Court of Canada overturned the prevailing case law that held that the deemed trust created in favour of the Crown under the Excise Tax Act (ETA) for ...
Resource Article - abi_editor - 03/21/2011 - 12:42 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- National Insolvency Review: CANADA REVENUE AGENCY TRUMPS UNSECURED CREDITORS!
Note: Reproduced with permission of the publisher from Commercial Insolvency Reporter, Vol. 23, No. 1, October 2010. (Canada, North America, Ottawa) bankruptcy,insolvency,headlines,articles,legislatives,debt,resources,insol,Canada,North America ...
Resource Article - abi_editor - 03/16/2011 - 12:30 - 0 comments - 1 attachment