Results for London
- Financial Services seminar: Successfully negotiating the new conduct risk agenda - May 5, 2016
Conduct risk management is one of the hottest topics in the financial services industry. Managing and mitigating conduct risk remains a regulatory priority with the FCA’s attention and resources firmly centred on the behaviour of firms and how they condu ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 04/19/2016 - 13:41 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Invitation: Kirkland & Ellis Annual Investor Conference, 18 March - Confirmed Speakers from Goldman Sachs, TPG Capital, PJT Partners, Moelis & Company, CarVal Investors, EY, Numen Capital, Paul Hastings Italy, Monarch Capital, Gómez-Acebo & Pombo (See ATT
Join the Kirkland & Ellis Restructuring, Debt and Capital Markets and Private Equity Groups, along with a host of speakers from investors and advisors, for the following panel sessions: Read more. (Subscription required.) (London) b ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 04/08/2016 - 14:14 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Brown Rudnick Alert: Moscow Rules in London Arbitration: Tort Claim against Non-Signatory Parent of a Russian Company may be Pursued in LCIA Arbitration - ATTORNEY ADVERTISING
In Egiazaryan v OJSC OEK Finance  EWHC 3532 (Comm) the English High court has held that an LCIA tribunal seated in London was wrong to hold that it had no jurisdiction over a tort claim brought by two Russian citizens against the Russian incorporat ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 04/07/2016 - 15:18 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- IFRS Breaking News - October 2015
Income Taxes – Accounting for uncertain tax positions Interpreting grey areas in tax law can be complex. New proposals issued by the IFRS Interpretations Committee seek to bring clarity to the accounting for income tax treatments that have yet to be ac ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 12:22 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- "And Finally" - High Court gives go-ahead for closure of the Orion Insurance insolvency
On 29 October, the English High Court sanctioned closure schemes of arrangement for The Orion Insurance Company PLC (now known as OIC Run-Off Limited) ("Orion") and The London and Overseas Insurance Company PLC (now known as the London and Over ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 11:57 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Conyers Dill & Pearman - Alert - Update: Cape Town Convention extended to the Cayman Islands
we are pleased to announce that The Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment and the associated Protocol to the Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment on matters specific to aircraft equipment (collectively, the " ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 11:18 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Conyers Dill & Pearman - Alert - Third Party Costs Orders: Service Out Judgment puts BVI Back in Business
On the 12 October 2015 the Court of Appeal delivered a judgment which undoubtedly clarified the law in the BVI on the service out of the jurisdiction of a non-party costs application, and which will be welcomed by BVI practitioners and their clients alik ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 11:08 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Essential Pensions News - October 2015
Essential Pensions News covers the latest pensions developments each month in an “at a glance” format. More detail is available by following the link under each summary. VAT and pension schemes: HMRC announces extension of the transitional period until ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 10:56 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Anti-money laundering update
In recent years the FCA has levied significant fines on banks for having weak anti-money laundering controls. Such fines have ranged from from £525,000 to £8.75m. In addition, in some cases the bank’s money laundering reporting officer has also been fine ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 10/28/2015 - 11:17 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Defined benefit scheme liability management exercises
Many sponsoring employers of defined benefit pension schemes are keen to limit their exposure to the volatility of their scheme’s liabilities and increasing funding deficits. It is open to these employers to carry out a number of liability management exe ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 10/05/2015 - 11:01 - 0 comments - 0 attachments