Results for Ukraine
- The Latest Danger in Ukraine: A Currency Crash
As street protests in Ukraine enter their third week, a new crisis is brewing that could force President Viktor Yanukovych’s hand. The nation’s currency reserves have fallen so low that the central bank may soon be unable to support the hryvnia at its cu ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 12/10/2013 - 23:33 - 0 comments
- Default Fears Mount As Ukraine Turmoil Deepens
Ukrainian bond yields soared and the price of insuring against a default on government debt surged yesterday as tens of thousands of demonstrators continued to protest in the country’s biggest political crisis in nearly a decade, the Financial Times ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 12/03/2013 - 22:14 - 0 comments
- Ukraine's Troubles Hit Bonds
Ukraine's government bonds tumbled to fresh lows Tuesday, narrowing the cash-poor country's options for financing its debt and its spending, and pushing it closer to a bailout from the International Monetary Fund, The Wall Street Journal re ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 09/24/2013 - 21:36 - 0 comments
- Restoring debtors’ solvency or declaring bankruptcy
On 19 January 2013 numerous significant amendments to the Ukrainian insolvency law (“On Restoring Debtors’ Solvency or Declaring Bankruptcy”) became effective. Attachment Size _restoring_debtors_solvency_or_declaring_bankr ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 10/11/2013 - 10:01 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- Insolvency Laws of Romania and Ukraine: Why Romania's Insolvency Laws Work Better for Foreign Direct Investment
NOTE: Insolvency Laws of Romania and Ukraine: Why Romania's Insolvency Laws Work Better for Foreign Direct Investment (ABI Law Review, Winter 2012) - Jon Ruiss (Europe, Romania, Ukraine) bankruptcy,insolvency,headlines,articles,legisla ...
Resource Article - abi_editor - 02/07/2013 - 16:56 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Boeing Sues Sea Launch Partners For $350 Million
Boeing Co has sued its Russian and Ukrainian partners in satellite launch service Sea Launch, saying they refused to pay it more than $350 million following the joint-venture's bankruptcy filing in 2009, Reuters reported. The lawsuit, filed in U.S. ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 02/04/2013 - 22:15 - 0 comments
- BTA Bank Says Restructuring Process Recognized by Ukraine Court
BTA Bank, the Kazakh lender seeking to overhaul its debt for a second time, said a Ukrainian court recognized the restructuring proceedings and extended protection over its assets, Bloomberg reported. “This recognition is a part of the bank’s current res ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 09/19/2012 - 20:45 - 0 comments
- Salans News Customs Control as an Anti-Counterfeit Measure Ukraine
In this issue: (Europe, Kiev, Ukraine) bankruptcy,insolvency,headlines,articles,legislatives,debt,resources,insol,Europe,Kiev,Ukraine ...
Resource Article - global.abi.org - 09/08/2010 - 09:36 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- Distinctive features of legal regulations regarding cross-border financing for Ukrainian borrowers
- The distinctive features of the Ukrainian legal system do not always promote the development of cross-border financing. - As a general rule, all transactions with Ukrainian borrowers regarding receipt, repayment and servicing of cross-border loan ...
Resource Article - global.abi.org - 09/08/2010 - 09:32 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- Salans News Banking and Finance Ukraine
In this issue: 1. On transactions using special payment instruments 2. On amendments to certain regulatory acts of the NBU 3. On approval of amendments to the regulations governing the operations of Ukrainian banks 4. On the NBU granting stabil ...
Resource Article - global.abi.org - 09/08/2010 - 09:29 - 0 comments - 1 attachment