Results for Netherlands
- Prominent Dutch Lawyer Wakkie Arrested In Spain In Telecoms Insolvency Probe
Spanish police arrested prominent Dutch corporate lawyer Peter Wakkie at Madrid airport on Monday in an investigation into the insolvency of Russian-Spanish telecom firm ZED+, a judicial source said, Reuters reported. A spokesman for Wakkie, who is ZED+& ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 01/16/2017 - 22:58 - 0 comments
- Consultation on draft bill for Recovery and Resolution (Insurers) Act/Consultatie Wetsvoorstel herstel en afwikkeling van verzekeraars
On 13 July 2016 a draft bill for the Recovery and Resolution (Insurers) Act (Wet herstel en afwikkeling van verzekeraars, the "Draft Bill") and an accompanying explanatory memorandum ("MvT") were published for consultation; the consul ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/29/2016 - 13:44 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Issues and challenges facing insolvency office holders in Europe
The Insolvency Office Holder-project (“IOH Project”) is an initiative of Leiden Law School, initiated in early 2013 and commissioned by INSOL Europe. Attachment Size technical_column_focus_ioh.pdf 168 KB ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/29/2016 - 13:02 - 0 comments - 1 attachment
- Dutch legislator submits bill introducing a collective damages action to Dutch Parliament
On 16 November 2016 the Minister of Security and Justice has submitted the bill introducing a collective damages action to the lower house of Dutch Parliament. Under the current collective litigation regime, no monetary damages can be sought on a collect ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/29/2016 - 12:51 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Dutch Supreme Court narrows the application of the VAT exemption for management of (real estate) investment funds
The Dutch Supreme Court (Hoge Raad der Nederlanden) decided on 25 November 2016 that the VAT exemption for the management of real estate investment funds is applicable only if the (manager of the) relevant investment institutions is actually subject to s ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/28/2016 - 13:25 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- ECJ Ruling on the requirement of control for FCA's / Uitspraak HVJ EU over het controlevereiste bij FZO's
On 10 November 2016, the European Court of Justice (the "ECJ") rendered a judgement on the interpretation of the requirement of 'possession or control' for financial collateral arrangements ("FCA's") (C-156/15ECLI:EU:C: ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 12/28/2016 - 13:07 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- ABN Amro Considers 1,000 Job Cuts as Part of Restructuring Plan
ABN Amro Group NV could eliminate more than 1,000 jobs as the Dutch bank ramps up a restructuring plan designed to reduce costs, The Wall Street Journal reported. ABN Amro said Monday in a letter to its works council that it is considering scrapping ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 09/12/2016 - 21:25 - 0 comments
- Brazil's Oi Seeks Creditor Protection For Unit In Dutch Court
A Dutch court has accepted a request by Brazilian phone carrier Oi SA to put one of its Netherlands-based units under protection from creditors, two people with direct knowledge of the situation said on Tuesday, handing creditors a victory as they seek t ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 08/09/2016 - 21:34 - 0 comments
- Another bill on partnerships on the way?
After the latest bill for the modernisation of the Dutch law on partnerships foundered in 2011, a working group made up of lawyers and tax specialists drawn from practice, academia and the corporate world took up the cause in an initiative launched later ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 06/28/2016 - 15:37 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Aurelius Unit Seeks Bankruptcy Of Netherlands-Based Oi Subsidiary
A unit of distressed debt firm Aurelius Capital Management LP asked a Dutch court on Monday to start bankruptcy proceedings against a Netherlands subsidiary of phone company Oi SA, which last week filed Brazil's largest-ever bankruptcy protection re ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 06/27/2016 - 21:45 - 0 comments