Results for Netherlands
- Another bill on partnerships on the way?
After the latest bill for the modernisation of the Dutch law on partnerships foundered in 2011, a working group made up of lawyers and tax specialists drawn from practice, academia and the corporate world took up the cause in an initiative launched later ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 06/28/2016 - 16:37 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Aurelius Unit Seeks Bankruptcy Of Netherlands-Based Oi Subsidiary
A unit of distressed debt firm Aurelius Capital Management LP asked a Dutch court on Monday to start bankruptcy proceedings against a Netherlands subsidiary of phone company Oi SA, which last week filed Brazil's largest-ever bankruptcy protection re ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 06/27/2016 - 22:45 - 0 comments
- Dutch Court Overturns $50 Billion Yukos Award Against Russia
In a victory for Moscow, a Dutch court on Wednesday overturned an order that Russia pay $50 billion to shareholders in defunct oil company Yukos, saying that the Hague-based Permanent Court of Arbitration had no jurisdiction, the Irish Times reported ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 04/20/2016 - 22:00 - 0 comments
- UBOs beware: Dutch UBO register to be accessible to public/ Bent u een UBO? Dan worden uw gegevens openbaar
Companies and a wide range of other entities will have to disclose information about their ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs) in a public central register. This UBO register, mandated by the (fourth) EU anti-money laundering directive and intended to prev ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 04/06/2016 - 16:33 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- New rules for securities financing transactions/Nieuwe regels voor effectenfinancieringstransacties
On 12 January 2016 Regulation (EU) 2015/2365 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on transparency of securities financing transactions and of reuse (the "Regulation") entered into force. Many of the obligations set ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 04/06/2016 - 16:21 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Rabobank Earnings Rise On Sharp Fall In Loan Provisions
Rabobank, the Dutch co-operative banking group which operates in Ireland, reported a 20 per cent rise in 2015 net profit on Thursday to €2.21 billion in a rebounding Dutch economy, the Irish Times reported. The dominating factor was a fall in loan pr ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 02/18/2016 - 18:55 - 0 comments
- ECJ issued landmark case on real estate investment funds
On 9 December 2015 the European Court of Justice ("ECJ") decided in the Dutch case Fiscale Eenheid X NV (C-595/13) that funds investing directly in real state can qualify as "special investment fund" for the purposes of the VAT exempt ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 14:34 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Breach notification duty | Meldplicht datalekken
Dutch data protection authority publishes Policy Rules on breach notification duty As of 1 January 2016 companies, public bodies and other organisations that process personal data have an obligation to immediately report personal data breaches to the D ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 14:24 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Mandatory bail-in clause in agreements of banks and investment firms/Verplichte afwikkelbaarheidsclausule in overeenkomsten van banken en beleggingsondernemingen
Legislation implementing the EU Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive ("BRRD") in Netherlands law and facilitating the application of the EU Single Resolution Mechanism Regulation ("SRM Regulation") was approved by the Upper Chamber ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 13:09 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Accounting Directive Implementation Act per 1 November 2015/Inwerkingtreding Uitvoeringswet Richtlijn Jaarrekening per 1 november 2015
On 1 November 2015 the Accounting Directive Implementation Act entered into effect. This legislation implements Directive 2013/34/EU in Dutch law. The most important changes under this Act are higher thresholds for determining the "size" of leg ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 01/29/2016 - 11:50 - 0 comments - 0 attachments