Results for Europe
- Capital Markets - Deals Update First Half Year 2015
Activities on the stock markets and bond markets in Europe have been important during the first half of 2015. This has continued despite the volatility in May and June 2015 and uncertainties regarding Greece. IPO activity is still important and the trend ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:51 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Restructuring Global Insight: Oil & gas bankruptcies | Berlin pushes VC reforms | UK oil price volatility | US healthcare is transforming | PRC real estate restructuring | & more (Attorney Advertising)
Welcome to issue 14 of Restructuring Global Insight, bringing you reports on breaking legal developments in restructuring law across borders and in jurisdictions around the world. This issue features: AMERICAS ■ Oil and gas bankruptcies will be c ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:43 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Amendments to UK Insolvency Legislation
Important amendments and clarifications have been made to the Insolvency Act 1986 (the "Insolvency Act") pursuant to the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 ("SBEEA") and the Deregulation Act 2015, both of which recentl ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:37 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Cross-Border: Can a Bankrupt's Pension be used to Pay Creditors? The Search for Clarity in New Zealand and the UK
How does the objective of achieving payment for creditors in insolvency interact with the objectives of pension legislation, which seeks to ensure that individuals are adequately provided for in retirement? The courts in New Zealand and in the UK have ea ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:32 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- India: New Debt Restructuring Opportunities in India?
It has long proved difficult to deal with financially distressed companies in India. One of the main reasons is the many tools available to the existing management of a company to prevent an external creditor from taking control over the company. On June ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:30 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- UK: A UK Perspective on Oil Price Volatility - Industry Impact and Legal Considerations
The dramatic decrease in the price of crude oil over the last eleven months has had ramifications across the globe. With prices currently languishing between US$60 and US$65 a barrel following the decision in November 2014 by the Organisation of Petroleu ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:21 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- UK: England's Changing Approach to Ipso Facto Clauses
English insolvency legislation, due to come into force on 1 October 2015, will have a significant effect on the rights of those who make essential supplies to insolvent businesses. Read more (United Kingdom) bankruptcy,insolvency,headli ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:20 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Germany: The European Court of Justice Clarifies the Defences Available Against Insolvency Challenges in Germany
In the recent decision of Lutz  C-557/13, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) upheld domestic defences against a clawback claim. The case relates to a clawback action brought by an insolvency administrator in Germany against a defendant based in Au ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:18 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Germany: Berlin, Germany's Leading Tech-City, To Push Venture Capital Reforms
Following up on our report in the Q1 2015 issue of Global Insight on “Intellectual Property Rights in German Insolvency Law”, which discussed the outdated provisions governing IP rights under German insolvency law, here are the latest developments to enh ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:16 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- France - Trends and Opportunities
There are numerous key players in the French market which have managed to overcome financial distress to a certain degree by implementing short term amendments and extensions to their debt but which are still in need of genuine, full-scale restructuring ...
Resource Article - abi_admin - 07/03/2015 - 09:11 - 0 comments - 0 attachments