Results for Africa
- Anger Overflows in Nigeria as Economy Dives
Plummeting oil prices have set off an economic unraveling in Nigeria, one of the world’s top oil producers, and the collective anger of a fed-up nation was pouring out, the International New York Times reported. “Starvation in the land of plenty,” sa ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 05/11/2016 - 23:18 - 0 comments
- Hidden Loans Leave Once-Promising Mozambique With Heavy Costs
triggered by revelations that state entities borrowed $1.4bn — equivalent to 10 per cent of gross domestic ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 05/01/2016 - 21:01 - 0 comments
- Group Urges Government To Speed Up Insolvency Bill
The Ghana Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Advisors (GARIA) has called for the speedy passage of the Corporate Insolvency Bill which is currently before Cabinet into law, to prevent companies from premature liquidation, Ghana Business News rep ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 05/01/2016 - 21:03 - 0 comments
- World Bank Is Suspending Direct Financial Aid to Mozambique
Monetary Fund in cutting off budgetary assistance after learning of more than $1 billion in previously ... million this year for direct budgetary support, the person said. The World Bank had more than $1.6 billion ... Fund in cutting off budgetary assistance after learning of more than $1 billion in previously ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 04/27/2016 - 22:22 - 0 comments
- Nigeria’s Import Curbs Drain Life From Bustling Lagos Ports
To stem an ongoing fall in foreign reserves caused by the oil price crash, Nigeria’s central bank introduced restrictions last summer that have effectively blocked imports of hundreds of items that typically enter Nigeria through its ports, the Financi ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 04/27/2016 - 22:24 - 0 comments
- IMF Halts Mozambique Aid After Finding Undisclosed Debts Of $1 Billion
the southern African nation following the discovery of more than $1bn in previously undisclosed ... an African country in recent times. They deliberately kept from us at least $1bn, possibly higher, of ... discovery of more than $1bn in previously undisclosed government debt, the Financial Times reported. ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 04/18/2016 - 20:51 - 0 comments
- Brown Rudnick Alert: Le nouvel acte OHADA: L'émergence de la SAS sur le Continent Africain - ATTORNEY ADVERTISING
Le changement de régime de l'OHADA (l’Organisation sur l'harmonisation en Afrique du Droit des Affaires) relatif au droit des sociétés commerciales et du groupement d’intérêt économique a attiré beaucoup de commentaires des praticiens. Read m ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 04/08/2016 - 14:34 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Brown Rudnick Alert: New OHADA Act: The Emergence of a New Corporate Form on the African Continent - ATTORNEY ADVERTISING
OHADA (the supranational organisation for harmonising laws across French speaking Africa) introduced wide–ranging changes to company law which attracted much commentary from practitioners. Read more. (Subscription required.) (Africa) ba ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 04/08/2016 - 14:26 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Brown Rudnick Alert: A Bold Reform of Unified African Insolvency Law: OHADA's New Legal Framework to Boost Turnaround and Creditor Recovery - ATTORNEY ADVERTISING
Since 24 December 2015, the 17 African Member States of the organisation for the harmonisation of business law in Africa (OHADA) have benefited from modernised, streamlined collective proceedings designed to preserve viable companies, enhance predictabil ...
Resource Article - twallace@abiwor... - 04/08/2016 - 09:52 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Angola to Seek IMF Aid to Cope with Looming Financial Crisis
Angola will turn to the International Monetary Fund for a bailout to help cope with the oil-price rout that has hit its economy hard, joining a growing list of commodity-dependent African economies seeking assistance from the institution to weather the a ...
Daily Headline - global.abi.org - 04/06/2016 - 21:03 - 0 comments